Monday, August 20, 2018

Cooking the humble snag..in the oven

Saw this in today's online Good Food Guide https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/news/the-surprising-secret-to-perfectly-cooked-sausages-20180815-h140co.html

good tip - use an oven.

But I will add the following:


  1. best done with the really thick english beef sausages, and I like to brown first in a hot pan then transfer to the oven for 15-20minutes. I would use a light vegetable oil to brown, and drain off excess.  Some herbs sprinkled over the top will add flavour.
  2. Pork sausages I like to bake with white beans, fennel and tomato, again browning first in olive oil.
  3. Baked chicken sausages - never done, but you could experiment with flavours such as apricots, pine nuts. I generally find chicken snags a bit bland.
  4. I'm sure there are plenty of other styles of sausages that can be baked!

No comments:

Post a Comment